Do I have sleep apnea?
- Do You Suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea and/or Snoring?
- Do you have excessive daytime sleepiness?
- Do you awake feeling un-refreshed?
- Do you awake in the morning or during the night with a headache?
- Do you have heartburn or a sour taste in the mouth at night?
- Do you have episodes of not breathing (apnea)?
- Are you aware that you snore loudly?
- Do you find yourself tossing and turning during sleep?
- Have you ever had nighttime choking or gasping spells?
- Have you been diagnosed with having high blood pressure or obesity?
The more times you answered "yes," the more likely it is that you suffer from obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea can be potentially life threatening and should be treated.
According to the National Institute of Health, 1 in 5 adult Americans suffer from sleep apnea, and 9 out 10 cases are undiagnosed. Natick residents who fall into one or more of the following categories are at the highest risk of developing sleep apnea:
- Over the age of 40
- Regularly drink alcohol
The only way to be sure if you have obstructive sleep apnea is to have a sleep test either at home from a qualified sleep physician or in a hospital sleep center. Find out how likely you are to doze off at any time during the day, and calculate your risk for sleep apnea by taking the surveys below.
Sleep Apnea Survey Epworth Sleep Study
*This is not a diagnosis. Please consult a physician or a sleep apnea dentist.